Easy Apple Puff Pastry Tarts
The recipe for the apple puff pastry tarts are below. Link to saffron caramel sauce is here.
This recipe adds warmth to apple pastry with cardamom and depth to the usual caramel topping with some saffron. IMO saffron is totally underutilized so it is fun to add to new recipes.
You only need a handful of ingredients most of which you likely have on hand. I do use ready made puff pastry sheets which you may need to grab from the store.
These apple puff pastry tarts taste great on their own. Also fun to serve with a little whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
How to make apple puff pastry tarts
Below is a quick run down
Looking For Other Fall Ideas? Check Out:
Shop This Post Or Check Out Some Of My Faves!
Try it? Leave a review, love to hear feedback! Or tag me on Instagram @some_indian_girl
Cardamom Apple Puff Pastry Tart with Saffron Caramel Sauce
- Baking sheet
- Pastry brush
- 2 apples thinly sliced
- 1-2 sheets puff pastry defrosted
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 4 tsp sugar
Make saffron caramel sauce
Make apple cardamom puff pastry tarts
- Cut puff pastry sheet into 4 circles and prick with a fork. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut apples thinly and toss in lemon juice
- Brush edges of puff pastry circles with heavy cream. Arrange apple slices on puff pastry in circle. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle 1 tsp sugar all over each circle and a a generous pinch of cardamom.
- Pop in oven at 400F for 25-20 minutes. Will become golden brown and slightly puffed when ready. Drizzle saffron caramel sauce on top.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream!