Eggless avocado banana pancakes! If it is near Christmastime these are perfect as Grinch pancakes! The pancakes actually do not get most of the green color from avocado. They are green because of two handfuls of spinach pureed. Everyone in the family loved these as they are guilt-free pancakes and they taste good! Depending on the sweetness/ripeness of your banana you may not need any maple syrup.
The pancakes are made using no eggs. The main ingredients are avocado, pancakes, spinach, oat flour, and oat milk. Note, this batter is a little different than the usual pancake batter. You should make sure it is thick, yet pour-able and it will take 2-3 minutes to cook on each side on low-medium. Be careful when flipping the pancake over.
The pancakes are pictured with three strawberry hearts inspired by this line from The Grinch:
Well, in Whoville they say – that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day. And then – the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches, plus two!
Avocado Banana Spinach Pancakes – Grinch Pancakes
- 1 ¾ cup Oat Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Handfuls Spinach Washed & Pureed
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Medium Ripe Banana
- 2 tbsp Avocado
- Avocado oil (to lightly coat the pan before making pancakes)
- 1 cup Milk of choice (I used oat milk)
- 1/8 cup Maple Syrup (taste batter before adding, dependent on how sweet bananas are, you may not need!) Optional
- Mash banana and avocado with a fork. Mix in pureed spinach, baking soda and salt and combine. Add milk of choice (start with and whisk to combine.
- Add oat flour. Gently stir (being careful not to over-mix) to combine. Add maple syrup – taste as you add. Depending on ripeness and sweetness of banana you may not need all of it. It will be thick but should be able to pour. Add additional flour or milk as needed.
- Heat a pan and keep on medium.
- Once the pan is hot. Put a tsp of avocado oil and scoop or pour 1/3 cup of mixture onto the pan and let sit two minutes. You will see bubbles come through and light browning on sides.
- Flip pancakes and cook on another side for two minutes until done.