Cookie butter made out of one the most famous Indian cookies, Parle G! We have long been fans of making this at home as it brings a familiar, beloved taste to cookie butter.
For those not familiar, Parle G cookies are almost always paired with a warm hot cup of homemade chai. The cookie itself does not have a strong flavor but dipped in chai it is divine! If you make Parle G cookie butter without any added spices, it is a bit on the bland side to me. Adding in chai spices gives it the special taste I love.
This cookie butter was inspired by the popular pairing of homemade masala chai and Parle G.
All you need is a food processor and a few minutes/ingredients to have Parle G cookie butter ready!
- Chai masala can be found at any Indian grocery store or online. The version of chai masala used in my family is linked here.
- I use that chai masala as a base and add other flavors dependent on the craving of the day!
- Use refined coconut oil. Unrefined has a coconut taste that can easily overpower the flavor
Parle G Cookie Butter
- 35 Cookies
- 2 tsp Chai Masala
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 tbsp Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Grind cookies to a fine crumb in a food processor.
- Add in spices, sugar, oil, and milk. Mix to combine.
- Taste for your preference of sweetness and adjust if desired.