One bowl hot chocolate cookies
- One bowl
- No chill time required for the dough
Making Hot Chocolate Cookies
You can make these two ways and I’ve included a step for each in the recipe card:
- Marshmallow mixed cookies: marshmallows mixed in the dough, made into balls that are flattened and then baked OR
- Marshmallow stuffed cookies: marshmallows mixed in the dough and extra marshmallows stuffed inside two discs of dough that are sealed and then baked
Ensure you use softened butter and cream cheese. Leave it out to come to room temperature for at least 1-2 hours.
These would be great in the winter or to gift during the holidays!
Curl up by the fire place and have these with a cold glass of milk. It’s a fun way to get the hot chocolate flavors in a new form.
Since the dough is eggless, the cookie dough is also safe to eat. Use it to make a fun hot chocolate cookie dough ice cream!
Some tools I used when baking hot chocolate cookies
All tools I have referenced are linked here
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper – key to preventing cookies from burning and sticking
- Measuring spoons
- Cooling rack
- Mixing bowl
Looking for other eggless cookie recipes? Check out:
Shop This Post
Try it? Leave a review, love to hear feedback! Or tag me on Instagram @some_indian_girl
Hot Chocolate Cookies – 30 Minutes, Eggless
- 1 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup p
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup cup Sugar
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Milk Chocolate Chips Plus
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips for Topping
- 1/2 cup Softened Butter Cut into pieces and leave out on counter for about 25 minutes to soften.
- 5 oz Softened Cream Cheese Cut into pieces and leave out on counter for about 25 minutes to soften.
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Marshmallows Place in Zip lock bag in freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour before making cookies. This prevents them from melting away inside the cookie!
- In a bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla extract and mix. Then add in dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips then 1/4 of marshmallows,
- Line baking sheet with parchment. Preheat oven to 330F.
Step 4 – option 1 Marshmallow stuffed cookies
- If you would like to make marshmallow stuffed cookies: make 2 inch balls of the dough and flatten. One one side of a flattened disc, top with 3 marshmallows (ripped in half) and cover with another disc of dough. Seal edges with your hands to ensure marshmallows are covered inside. Repeat until finished. Set tray in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
Step 4 – option 2 Marshmallow cookies (not stuffed)
- If you would like to make marshmallow chocolate cookies (not stuffed): Make 1 – 1/2 inch balls of dough from the mix. Line on the baking sheet and flatten tops. Set tray in the oven for 12 minutes to bake.
- After done baking (either option): Top with additional marshmallows and chocolate chips (press in slightly). Let cookies cool completely before eating!
- For more ooey gooeyness pop these cookies into the microwave for 12-13 seconds and you’ll be in melted chocolate marshmallow heaven