Quick and easy cheddar tomato masala galette. Easy because I used pre-made pie crusts! So many variations are possible, here’s my take.
Cheddar Masala Tomato Galette
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes slice thin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1/2 tbsp chopped oregano
- 1 pre-made pie crust defrost in advance
- 1 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 red chili powder
- Make sure pie crust is defrosted and put on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cut tomatoes and sprinkle salt over them. Let sit 15 minutes to let tomatoes “sweat.” Drain water from tomatoes.
- Toss tomatoes with olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, cumin powder, chili powder and a dash of salt.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F
- Spread cheese over pie dough leaving a 1 1/2 inch border. Add tomato filling on top.
- Fold over pie dough around edges and slightly press down.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve