Soft Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Bakery style, soft and easy eggless chocolate chip cookies! Cookies are one of my all time favorite sweets. This is a one bowl, easy to make recipe. Simple ingredients you likely have in your pantry. No chill time required! When you get the craving this is a great snack to whip up your own bakery style soft cookies.
Ingredients for Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Corn starch
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
how to make chocolate chip cookies without eggs
Key steps for making the eggless chocolate chip cookies:
- Make sure to soften the butter! I usually cut the butter as pictured above and leave on the counter for 1 hour at least. Don’t skip this step as butter temperature is key. If you need some ways to quicken the process here is a link.
- Use both types of sugars: I have used a combination of brown sugar and white sugar because it definitely elevates the flavor and texture! The molasses in brown sugar adds moisture and adds a chewy texture.
- Don’t skip the corn starch, here’s why: cornstarch is what gives these their bakery soft taste. They will also keep the cookies a little thicker, so you may want to flatten these down a bit before baking.
- Keep an eye on time – don’t over bake, these may look a little underdone but they continue to cook after taking them out. Give them time to cool down and set.
Note: if butter is not right temperature these may not flatten down while baking. Keep an eye on them and just slightly push down if you do want the cookies more flat vs dome shaped! An easy fix.
FAQs and Substitutions
I’ve tried and tweaked the recipe over the years and I always find this version to be one of the easiest and requiring the least amount of ingredients.
Can I make the eggless chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar?
If you do not have brown sugar, you can make these without them. They will turn out crispier as they will be missing the moisture the brown sugar provides. However, I do recommend using the blend of brown and white sugar. Brown sugar adds to the texture and flavor of the cookie. It just isn’t the same flavor without it!
Is the eggless chocolate chip cookie dough edible?
If you are a fan of eating chocolate chip cookie dough you are in luck! Since these do not have eggs you can safely eat the dough 🙂
Are there any substitutions for corn starch?
I have substituted arrow root powder for corn starch and was pleased with the results.
Looking for other eggless cookie ideas?
What is your favorite cookie?
Shop This Post Or Check Out Some Of My Faves!
Try it? Leave a review, love to hear feedback! Or tag me on Instagram @some_indian_girl
Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp corn starch can substitute arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup softened butter allow time to come to room temperature
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, corn starch, salt and baking soda.
- In another large bowl, beat together the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar until creamy and lighter in color. About 2 minutes. If using mixer, use paddle attachment.
- Then add in the milk and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Slowly beat in the dry ingredients from step 1 on low. Then beat in the chocolate chip cookies. Dough should be soft and mushy but should have come together.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a 1 tablespoon spoon to scoop about 1 inch balls, line the sheet with cookie dough balls. Slightly flatten with a spoon if you do not want the cookies too thick.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes until just beginning to turn light brown around edges. Do not overbake or they will get crispy. Enjoy!