The simplicity of sugar cookies is what makes them sooo good. They are eggless but do not require any weird ingredients for egg substitutes! Read on for this easy sugar cookie recipe!
These bites have the right balance of a chewy sugar cookie that has a slight crispiness to it. To me sugar cookies should be chewy, a little soft and have a little bite!
- No chill time needed
- Few ingredients needed
- Easy to find ingredients in your pantry
- Eggless in case anyone has allergies in your family or you just don’t have any on hand!
- No weird or hard to find egg substitute ingredients needed
- Perfect accompaniment to a glass of cold milk or cup of coffee/tea!
Vegan: To make vegan with no milk and butter all you have to do is substitute butter for vegan butter substitute. The recipe already does not include milk.
I love to decorate these with just some sugar rolled on the cookie before baking. You can also decorate these sugar cookies with some frosting and sprinkles. Frost them after they have cooled completely!
For cut out sugar cookies for piping and decorated with royal icing, I recommend this recipe.
Ingredients for easy sugar cookies recipe
Here’s what you need on hand. If you bake at all, I’m sure you have the ingredients already!
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
How to make these easy sugar cookies
- Combine dry ingredients – all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder
- Get mixing! – cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla and vinegar, combine. Add in dry ingredients slowly to combine. Dough comes together quick!
- Make cookie dough balls – Make cookie dough balls, flatten slightly and coat one or both sides (your choice) with sugar. Arrange on a parchment lined paper.
- Bake – 8-10 minutes until just beginning to brown (you will see it browned a little on bottom when done)
- Chill and enjoy! – let cool completely and give them time to set up before enjoying!
If you need some quick sugar cookies for Santa these would be perfect! Use some colored sprinkles to make them festive. You could also add in some toasted nuts for a crunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze the sugar cookie dough?
You definitely can. Just make sure to tightly wrap in parchment then plastic wrap. Ensure to give it a little time to defrost before using.
How long do sugar cookies last?
In an airtight container, these will last 1 1/2 – 2 weeks.
Why didn’t sugar cookies spread that much?
Ensure your butter is room temperature before making these cookies! I leave my butter out for 3-4 hours before making these.
Easy Sugar Cookies Recipe – no chill, eggless
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6½ tbsp butter room temperature not cold!
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar for dusting kept separate
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder in a bowl and set aside. Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar until color is light yellow and butter is fluffier
- Add in vanilla extract and vinegar.
- Slowly add in flour into mixing bowl while continuing to combine. I do half cup at a time. Mix until combined, dough should form and pull away from bowl.
- Make 12 balls dividing the dough. Roll out with hands and flatten slightly.
- Coat in sugar and line in pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just beggining to brown on bottom. Do not overbake. They will set up as they cool.
- Once cooled completely, enjoy!
- Decorate with sprinkles or even add sprinkles to the dough for a fun change up!
- Add in toasted nuts for a crunch
- To make easy cut out sugar cookies, see an alternate post here: Cut out sugar cookies