Easy pie decorating using ready-made dough and pie cutters! Simply bake pie cut-outs and paint when cooled. This helps the color come through more than mixing food coloring into the dough before you bake it.
Here is what I used:
- Pie cutters: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/fall-pie-punches/?catalogId=66&sku=6357563&cm_ven=PLA&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=Bakeware%20%3E%20Cookie%20Cutters%20%26%20Pancake%20Molds%20%3E%20Sets&cm_ite=6357563&gclid=CjwKCAiAh5_uBRA5EiwASW3IauwzPh2xIs9xfy4LNLELL8RBi951Z0ipuH-JQ8PY_9s696G9BuuNRRoCK3QQAvD_BwE
- Ready-made pie dough: https://www.whollywholesome.com/ourproducts-pie-shells.php
- Natural food colors: https://www.amazon.com/Chefmaster-Liqua-Gel-Natural-Coloring-Decorating/dp/B07KGHVFKM/ref=asc_df_B07KGHVFKM/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309811627177&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12941037334697934138&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003686&hvtargid=pla-584353641042&psc=1
- Small bowls for colors
- A pie!
- Thaw pie crust – this can take 3-5 hours
- Roll out crust
- Use pie cutters to cut out shapes and arrange on parchment-lined paper
- Brush with heavy whipping cream or egg wash and put in fridge
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Put cut-outs in the oven for about 11-12 minutes until slightly brown. Let cool
- Put a few drops of color in each bowl and use a separate brush for each color
- Paint away!
- Once dried, top on pie and enjoy