Chocolate Cardamom Coffee Frappe!
Iced cardamom coffee, a chocolate frappe gets a slight twist! Inspired by the Starbucks chocolate chip frappe, I came up with this version to enjoy at home. This is a delicious treat to make at home when you can’t make it to Starubks or are looking to save some money! I love cardamom in my coffee so I’ve added it to this chocolate frappe. If you’re not a fan you can skip it or substitute your fave spice.
If you like cardamom, you may also enjoy Cardamom Latte or Coconut Cardamom Hot Chocolate.
What is a frappe?
In French, frappe means iced. But it became a popular drink thanks to the Greeks. The Greeks created what we know in the States now as coffee frappe. They used instant coffee to make the blend. My recipe also uses instant coffee, because that’s just how I like it! I find it easier, but you can definitely use your favorite cold brew. I feel coffee is such a personal preference and there are so many ways to tweak it to your preference.
How do you make a chocolate frappe?
It is super simple. As a base, add milk, coffee, ice and sweetener to a blender and blend! Optionally top with whipped cream.
For this recipe, I’ve added chocolate chips (mini preferred), chocolate syrup and cardamom. In order to get the cardamom flavor in the frappe, I prefer to infuse it in the milk. So bring to a boil the milk, sugar and cardamom and then let it chill. However, there have been times I been short on time and I just throw all the ingredients in a blender and it still tastes great.
Adjusting Chocolate Chip Frappe To your taste
There are so many ways to customize this chocolate chip frappe.
- Vegan: substitute any dairy milk alternatives and make sure you are using dairy free chocolate chips
- Healthier: Use cocoa powder instead of chocolate syrup. Use coconut or date sugar or agave as your sweetener. Or you can skip sweetener altogether.
- Coffee type: you can use cold brew if you prefer
Looking For Other Summer Drink Ideas? Check Out:
Try it? Leave a review, love to hear feedback! Or tag me on Instagram @some_indian_girl
Iced Cardamom Coffee – Cardamom Chocolate Frappe
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom ensure finely ground
- 3 tsp instant coffee adjust to desired level of strentgh
- 1 1/2 cup ice
- 2-3 tsp Chocolate syrup
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips optional
- whipped cream optional
- Bring milk to boil, add sugar, coffee, cardamom
- Let milk cool, stick in fridge for a few hours or in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Blend with ice, chocolate syrup and chocolate chips and whipped cream if desired and serve!