- Perfect holiday treat
- Easy to make
- Vegetarian, vegan
Notes on the Coconut Cardamom Hot Chocolate
You can substitute the canned coconut milk for coconut milk from a carton for a lighter version. The cannet coconut milk is def worth it though!
I’ve used bittersweet chocolate but if you prefer a sweeter version feel free to use milk chocolate as a substitute.
Optional toppings include whipped cream, mini chocolate chips, toasted shredded coconut and tons of marshmallows!
Spiked Cardamom Hot Chocolate
If you’re looking for a spiked hot chocolate I would add 2 oz of Kahlua and 1 oz of whipped cream vodka.
Looking For Other Seasonal Ideas? Check Out:
Shop This Post Or Check Out Some Of My Faves!
Try it? Leave a review, love to hear feedback! Or tag me on Instagram @some_indian_girl
Coconut Cardamom Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (canned or substitute from a carton)
- 2 tbsp Creamed Coconut
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1 oz
Bittersweet chocolate (2 tbsp) or 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream, marshmallows, toasted coconut and chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Bring coconut milk, cream, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and water in a pan on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and vanilla extract.
- Top with whipped cream, rim glass with toasted coconut and chocolate chips.