This is a yummy holiday drink which is a spin on the classic gin fizz for a fun holiday gin cocktail. Make a quick homemade orange cinnamon simple syrup. Then, once cooled, mix with cranberry juice, gin and ice. Strain into cups and top off with ginger ale!
This tasty gin cocktail can be made ahead of time and is perfect for the holiday season! Festive, so easy to prepare, and delicious!
If you would like a pretty garnish make some sugared cranberries! They are very easy to make and make the drinks party ready.
You can additionally garnish with either dried or fresh orange slices to add another pop of color!
This is a fun holiday Cocktail Recipe you can make ahead of time and just top off with ginger ale when your party starts!
Making orange sugared cranberries
To make sugared cranberries you just boil orange juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Coat the cranberries in the syrup. Roll the cranberries in sugar and set to dry. That’s it! They are a lovely burst of tart and sweet flavor. It is a perfect garnish for your holiday drinks.
Link to a more detailed post is here: Orange Sugared Cranberries
To make a smaller amount just for garnish I would cut the recipe to 1/4 cup cranberries, 1/4 cup orange juice and 1/2 cup sugar (1/4 and 1/4 kept separate). Follow the recipe link above for directions.
Looking For Other Seasonal Ideas? Check Out:
Shop This Post Or Check Out Some Of My Faves!
Try it? Leave a review, love to hear feedback! Or tag me on Instagram @some_indian_girl
Holiday Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz Cocktail
- small sauce pan
Orange Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
Cranberry Gin Fizz
- 2 oz orange cinnamon simple syrup
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cranberry juice
- 3 oz gin 1-2 oz each serving, dependent on preference
- ginger ale to top
- crushed ice
- sugared cranberries
- dried or fresh orange slices
- Boil orange juice, cinnamon and sugar on medium. Stirring to dissolve sugar about 3-4 minutes. Then turn off stove and let cool.
- Mix orange cinnamon simple syrup, cranberry juice, gin and ice. Shake in shaker and strain into cup.
- Top off drink with ginger ale and garnish!