Sugared cranberries, a festive touch that is simple to make
- Fresh cranberries
- Orange juice (my preferred way, you can also use water)
You can add rosemary, thyme, cinnamon and other flavors to the base of this if you want to add more flavor to these.
Make Sugared Cranberries As a drink garnish
How long do sugared cranberries last?
Stored in an air tight container, they will last about a week in the fridge.
Can I freeze sugared cranberries?
You can, but I don’t recommend it. If you do, the sugar crystals will dissolve. You will need to repeat the process or at least roll them in sugar again to get the same look.
Making sugared cranberries
The process is pretty simple. I’ve used orange juice instead of water to coat the cranberries because I like the brightness it adds. You can use water in place of orange juice below, if you prefer.
Sugared Cranberries Recipe
- small pan
- slotted spoon
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar 1/2 and 1/2 kept separate
- ½ cup orange juice
- On medium boil orange juice and sugar until sugar dissolves. Stir until it does. Let cool.
- Add in cranberries to coat.
- With a slotted spoon, drain cranberries from sugar syrup.
- Roll in sugar to coat.
- Set aside to dry, at least 1 hour.