Indian Spicy Pasta Dish – Cheesy Chole Fusion Pasta
A yummy and easy way to get the taste of a cozy bowl of chole in an Indian spicy pasta dish. This takes the flavor profile of chole and turns it into a one pot pasta meal.
The bite of the orcchiette pasta makes it feel like you are eating rotli (roti) with chole!
What do you need to make this Indian spicy pasta dish?
- Chick peas
- Crushes tomatoes
- Garlic cloves
- Orchiette pasta (or pasta of choice)
- Spices – if you cook Indian food regularly you should be covered!
Making the chole pasta
Looking For Other Fusion Recipes? Check Out:
Shop This Post Or Check Out Some Of My Faves!
Try it? Leave a review, love to hear feedback! Or tag me on Instagram @some_indian_girl
Cheesy Chole Pasta – Spicy Indian Fusion Pasta
- 15 oz chick peas canned
- 9 oz orcchiette pasta or pasta of choice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp asofetida hing
- ¾ cup onions
- 1¼ cup crushed tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger shredded
- ½ tsp red chilli
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp dhana jeeru cumin coriander blend
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese more as desired
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes optional for topping
- Heat oil in pan on medium high. Add cumin seeds, let cook a minute. Add asofetida (hing).
- Add garlic, ginger, onions. Cook 3-4 minutes until onions translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes and chickpeas. Mix and cook on medium.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Then add orcchiette, vegetable stock and water.
- Cook about 12-14 minutes until sauce thickens. Add cheddar cheese and mix.
- Turn off gas and add in cherry tomatoes if desired. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Top with additional fresh cheese and chopped coriander and serve