Easy eggless vanilla cupcake recipe that can be made vegan with a few swaps
This from scratch recipe can be made at home with simple pantry ingredients! They are eggfree vanilla cupcakes which I have also made with vegan swaps. So, you can either make using some dairy like butter and milk or use your favorite vegan alternatives.
With a fluffy, moist vanilla base you can get creative with flavors and fillings. Pictured are eggless vanilla cupcakes with chocolate chips with chocolate frosting.
I based this recipe off of two of my favorite Rose Pistachio Cupcakes and Kesar Pista Cupakes recipes which are linked.
These cupcakes come together quickly and do not need much prep.
The recipe makes 12 cupcakes but you can use the recipe to make a cake in a 9X9 pan as well. The baking time will be a little longer as a cake.
Below is the base recipe with substitutes noted below
- All purpose flour
- baking powder
- butter (at room temperature!)
- vanilla extract
- apple cider vinegar or vinegar
Substitutes for vegan cupcakes
- Butter: oil or vegan butter alternative ( I have only tried with Earth Balance)
- Milk: Dairy or vegan alternative (I have only tried with soy milk)
Reverse Creaming Method
So, I have used the reverse creaming method for these cupcakes. That basically means instead of creaming the sugar with butter first and then adding in dry ingredients, I do the reverse.
You can do it either way to be honest. I do like the texture and velvet crumb of the cupcake the reverse creaming method provides.
I have linked here a resource from Cooks Illustrated if you would like to read more about it.
My favorite way to make this eggless vanilla cupcake Recipe is with mini chocolate chips in them!
But, the possibilities are really endless and you can change up the flavor profile once you have the base recipe down.
If you make these with chocolate chips as pictured, I highly recommend using mini chocolate chips.
Looking For Other Eggless Baking Recipes? Check Out:
Shop This Post Or Check Out Some Of My Faves!
Try it? Leave a review, love to hear feedback! Or tag me on Instagram @some_indian_girl
Eggless Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- cupcake tin
- Cupcake liners
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature, or sub oil
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk use plant based milk alternative like soy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar substitute vinegar if needed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips or sprinkles optional
- Mix milk and apple cider vinegar together, set aside
- Set oven to 350F
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Add in wet ingredients and mix until combined
- Line cupcake pan with liners and fill about 3/4 full
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Cool then frost, if desired and enjoy
2 thoughts on “Eggless Vanilla Cupcake Recipe”
How long we can store this cupcake with icing and without icing
About a week without frosting in an airtight container in the fridge. Frosted the quicker you have the better, about 4-5 days but the frosting may harden slightly.