- Easy to make jalapeno pesto with fresh ingredients
- Simple way to change up some of your favorite dishes.
- Vegan friendly: made with parmesan but with one substitute it can be made vegan.
One of my favorite ways to use jalapeno pesto is to make my garlic buttered bread jalapeno pesto grilled cheese!
Other ideas include in pasta, spaghetti squash, pizza and even salads.
- Pine nuts (substitute ideas below)
- Parmesan (substitute nutritional yeast to make vegan)
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Making the pesto
It couldn’t be any easier to make this.
- Trim the jalapeno and garlic cloves.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend.
Looking For Other Recipes With A Kick? Check Out:
Spicy Inside Out Grilled Cheese
Shop This Post Or Check Out Some Of My Faves!
Try it? Leave a review, love to hear feedback! Or tag me on Instagram @some_indian_girl
Easy to make jalapeno pesto with fresh ingredients. Add some spice to your dishes!
- 2 cups basil fresh
- ½ cup parmesan can go up to 3/4 cup dependent on consistency preference
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1½ jalapenos
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup pine nuts substitute walnuts if needed
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except olive oil to food processer and blend.
- Slowly add in the olive oil while blending to prevent emulsification.. Enjoy!
Substitute walnuts for pine nuts You can try substituting nutritional yeast for parmesan to make it vegan. Once I try it I will update the post.
Calories: 370kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 7gFat: 38gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 202mgPotassium: 127mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 787IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 172mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!