A spicy grilled cheese sandwich for a quick meal
Grilled cheese sandwiches a popular go to and I’m always looking for ways to mix things up. This recipe entails delicious grilled bread slathered in seasoned garlic butter with jalapeno pesto and cheese. I used my Jalapeno Pesto recipe for this spicy sandwich.
I used fresh ingredients to make the garlic butter and jalapeno pesto. If you have left over jalapeno pesto it is a great way to add flavor to pastas, pizzas and other dishes.
Need something to serve with this? How about: masala fries
Here is another grilled cheese idea: Spicy Inside Out Grilled Cheese
- Sliced bread – sourdough is always great for grilled cheese!
- Cheddar cheese or mozzarella
- Jalapeno pesto – recipe link here
- Garlic cloves
- Italian seasoning
Making spicy grilled cheese
Making it vegan
- Substitute butter for Earth Balance or vegan butter substitute
- Substitute cheese for vegan alternative
- Jalapeno pesto can be made with nutritional yeast instead of parmesan. More info on the post for the pesto recipe.
Try it? Leave a review, love to hear feedback! Or tag me on Instagram @some_indian_girl
Shop This Post Or Check Out Some Of My Faves!
Jalapeno Pesto Garlic Spicy Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ tsp italian seasoning use dried parley as alternative
- 1-2 tbsp jalapeno pesto link in notes below
- Make batch of jalapeno pesto. Link in notes below.
- Crush garlic clove. Mix with room temperature butter and Italian seasoning.
- Slather fresh garlic butter on one side of two slices of bread.
- Heat pan on stove and put one slice butter side down. Top with jalapeno pesto and cheese. Add other slice of bread on top.
- Grill until browned and heated through. Enjoy!