Spicy sweet mango margaritas! Celebrate the warmer months with a mango drink. Aamras, mango pulp, is commonly eaten in India. Growing up we would add a little ginger powder to the aamras for flavor and digestion. So, I thought this combo would make for a great mango margarita!
If you’re looking to pair it with something, Jalapeno Paneer tacos would be great! Or, if you need cold drink inspo check out S’mores Frappuccino.
Mango Margarita Tips
- I boiled the ginger in water, then blended/strained the mixture in order to get a full ginger flavor to come through
- My favorite sweet mango type is Ataulfo. If you use other varieties or frozen mangoes that don’t have the same full bodied/sweet flavor as Ataulfos you may need to add more sweetener to compensate.
- I used Mike’s hot honey. This can be substituted with agave and 1/4 tsp red chili powder or 1/4 jalapeno diced.
Shop this post or check out some of my faves!
Try it? Leave a review, love to hear feedback! Or tag me on Instagram @some_indian_girl
Spicy Mango Ginger Honey Margaritas
Spicy sweet mango margaritas! Sweetness from mangos and the heat comes from both ginger and hot honey. Can be made without alcohol too!
- 2 cup mangos diced
- 3 inch ginger shredded
- 2 tsp Mike's hot honey
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 oz tequila
- 2 oz triple sec
- sugar to taste, depended on sweetness of mangos
Prep ginger syrup
- Add ginger and honey to water in pot. Bring to boil and turn off stove. Blend the mixture then run through strainer to get any pieces of ginger out. Put mixture in fridge to chill
- Blend mango, ginger syrup, lime juice, tequila with about 1/2 cup ice and serve
Note: the longer it sits the more the flavor of the ginger and heat of the honey will come out
Calories: 130kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 6mgPotassium: 330mgFiber: 3gSugar: 29gVitamin A: 1788IUVitamin C: 62mgCalcium: 23mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!